The Château de Biron is a large castle in the valley of the Lède. Biron was seized by Simon IV de Montfort in 1212 from forces sympathetic to the Cathars. Simon carried the French Oriflamme and was accompanied by Dominic Guzman (Saint Dominic).
The Plantagenets held it at times during the 14th and 15th centuries. The present château represents several periods with its twelfth-century keep and sixteenth-century living quarters and vaulted kitchens.
Since 1928, it has been listed as a monument historique by the French Ministry of Culture. The local commune purchased the Château de Biron in 1978, with a view to restoring it as a tourist attraction.